Frequently Asked Questions
Faculty and Staff
News and Events
Requirements: Major in Psychology (B.A. or
- Students may Major in Psychology as part of either a B.A. or a B.Sc.
program. All Majors are required to complete a minimum of 42 credit hours of
Psychology as listed below:
- Psychology 1000, 1001, 2520, 2570, 2910, 2911
- Twelve credit hours in Psychology chosen from the following: 3050,
3100, 3250, 3350, 3450, 3620, 3650, 3750, 3800 or 3801.
- Twelve credit hours of 4000-level courses in Psychology, of which at
least one must be a research experience course and one
must be a selected topics course.
- Psychology Majors following the B.Sc. program are also required to
complete the following:
- Mathematics 1000 (or equivalent).
- Biology 1001 and 1002
- Either Chemistry 1010 and 1011 (or 1050 and 1051); OR Physics 1020
(or 1050) and 1021 (or 1051)
- Six credit hours of laboratory courses at the 2000 level or above in
one of Biology, Chemistry, or Physics.
3750 and Biology/Psychology
4701 cannot be used to satisfy the requirement of 6 laboratory
credit hours at the 2000 level or above in either Biology,
Chemistry, or Physics.
- Psychology Majors following the B.A. program are also required to
complete Mathematics 1000 or two of 1090, 1050, 1051 (or equivalents), and
are encouraged to complete at least 6 credit hours in Biology.